Imagine the scene.
You have just dedicated the last four years of your working life navigating all the challenges and hurdles involved in bringing to life an iconic residential building project in the heart of Brisbane City.
You are on the building’s roof at the end of project party. The fireworks are reflecting off of the Brisbane river and the infinity pool that overlooks the City.
Among the 200 invitees are your industry peers, your project team, its consultants, builders, financiers, subcontractors and suppliers. Your partner has been invited to hear you being publicly congratulated in front of everyone for bringing the whole project together.
There is elation in the crowd and tears of happiness in people’s eyes that such collaboration, dedication and hard work from everyone involved has paid off. The result is flawless, inspiring, and something to be truly proud of.
It sounds like a dream but for the successful applicant this dream will become a reality as Aria Property Group look to appoint a new member to their close, highly successful team before the end of 2020.
Aria Property Group are keen to appoint an aspiring Project Architect that is ready to take the next step in their already distinguished career and move into a Development Management role.
Aria property group’s new development team member
At Aria we focus on delivering high quality residential projects in Brisbane’s inner south that we are proud to walk our families through.
The month to month job description will change depending on what stage the project is within and how busy other members of our small team are.
We are hardworking all-rounders, diversely educated, who play to our strengths but always spread the load.
The following is an overview of a project life cycle and the required responsibilities within.
- Acquisition phase - site evaluation, massing, boxes, layouts, design brief, inspiration gallery, consultant engagement for due diligence
- Development Approval phase - project team assembly, layouts, planning feedback, Aria rules, new innovations to be suggested, considered and incorporated, scheme development up until lodgement, problem solve issues raised through RFI’s to obtain development approval
- Build tender kit phase – design development of architecture, interiors and landscape, lead, manage and motivate architect, landscape architect, engineers and consultants all while maintaining Aria rules, services coordination, ancillary approval management (QUU, Energex, Qld Motorways, QR etc), marketing render and finishes review, commentary and development
- Sales and marketing phase - event attendance, survey and marketing plan review, coordination and development, render review and development
- Design development / Construction documentation phase – weekly / fortnightly design meetings, gate keeper of the design development of tender design set ensuring contracted design intent and Aria rules are maintained, design is further refined and improved and new innovations included, motivate and lead the design team, assess variations as raised, finesse and mediate to ensure value for money
- Construction phase – claim walks, fortnightly PCG’s, quality assurance management, variations assessments, coordinate issues as raised through construction, buyer variation management
- Approaching settlement phase - defect management, practical completion walks and remaining WIP lists, valuer runs, feedback given to interior designers on proposed furnishings and décor selection and its install, management of issues raised through plan sealing and titling process
- Settlement phase – pre settlement inspections
- Post settlement phase– defect management through DLP period
- All phases – manage and foster healthy relationships with key stakeholders within the various stages to ensure they remain inspired and healthy well into the future
Key requirements for this position include
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Minimum 5 years as a Project Architect, working on inspiring, design led projects
- Excellent communication skills with project stakeholders
- Brave and confident
- Focused and locked into work
- Balance in life outside of work
Working at Aria Property Group
Simply put there is a culture of innovation in building design at Aria Property Group. The tight knit team are loyal and there is a real family feeling in the company.
Every decision made at ARIA Property Group is tested against three questions:
- Will we be proud of the decision in 20 years’ time?
- Is it fiscally responsible?
- Does it show LOVE for our customers?
This is an opportunity of a lifetime, for a lifetime. Aria Property Group are hoping to bring someone into the business that will become a part of their family and share in their success for many years to come.
A $120,000 to $130,000 (or commensurate to experience) + superannuation, car park, mobile phone, + Project Performance Bonus package is offered with this role.
The office is open plan, and not terribly formal. There is monthly innovation catch ups held throughout our projects over breakfast. Social lunches and Friday burgers, quarterly drinks and wine tasting excursions, team building trips, interstate project tours, fortnightly catch ups one-on-one with the Team Leader, the annual Christmas party and of course not to forget the very special end of project party.
How to apply
Aria Property Group have exclusively assigned Construction-Recruitment to manage the recruiting process for this position and respectfully ask that all expressions of interests and applications be directed through Dave Le Shirley at Construction-Recruitment. (firstname.lastname@example.org 0415 889 207)
Applications close Tuesday 3rd November
2020 could turn out alright after all.